Now achieving radiant and rejuvenated skin in the morning is no big deal.
Medically reviewed by Dr. Zeel , BAMS
If you have a significant event to attend the day after, you may want to learn about the ways to make your skin glow overnight. But before getting started on the shortcuts, it is essential to remember a few crucial principles for perfect and glowing skin. To achieve a glowing complexion, you need to follow a proper sleeping pattern, have a regular CTM (cleanse-tone-moisturize) routine, eat the right foods, exercise, and use the proper skin care and beauty products. However, it is unlikely that all of us will be able to follow these practices precisely. So, if you’re short on time and want to achieve glowing skin quickly, here are a few tried-and-true natural methods in the form of effective facial masks to consider.
Natural Ways to Get Glowing Skin
1. The Rice and Sesame Scrub:
This is one of my favourite and most simple home remedy to make scrub that gives you a glow instantly.
- Soak equal amounts of rice and sesame seeds overnight
- Grind to a fine scrub consistency in the morning
- Apply over your body and face and leave it on for a minute or two
- Wash off with cool water
While the sesame nourishes your skin, aids in skin repair, and prevents aging, the rice grains will exfoliate gently and keep your skin moisturized with its antioxidant properties. This is a perfect body and face polish.
2. Use Sleeping Packs:
Sleeping packs nourish your skin while you sleep. Here is how you can use this directly available product.
- Wash your face clean, with a mild face wash and rinse with cold water
- Remove all traces of make-up and pat dry your skin
- Take about less than a teaspoon of the sleeping pack and facial massage with upward strokes on your skin.
- Since sleeping packs are easily absorbed in your skin, they won’t leave a greasy feel.
- When you wake up in the morning, use a mild cleanser to clean your face and rinse with cold water.
Milk is a storehouse of rich antioxidants and an another wonderful natural way for glowing skin.
- Apply a very thin layer of low fat milk on your face
- Massage with upward strokes, till the milk is totally absorbed by your skin
- Wash your face with a mild face wash in the morning and pat dry
Milk not only helps to clear dark facial spots but also nourishes the skin as you sleep.
However, in some cases, this remedy may lead to breakouts. You can mix glycerine and lemon juice with rose water to massage the face as an alternative.
Milk helps heal chronic wounds, treat acne lesions and blackheads, hasten tissue reducing inflammation, provide anti-inflammatory and anti-aging effects for glowing skin.
4. Scrub & Moisturize:reducing inflammation,
- Use a mild exfoliator to cleanse your skin and pat dry
- Remove all traces of make-up
- Apply a pack of honey and fullers earth for deep moisturizing and leave it on for at least 15 minutes
- When the pack dries, wet it using very little water and scrub slowly while massaging your face for at least 2 minutes
- Rinse off with cold water. Pat dry and apply a thin layer of a rejuvenating night cream
- When you wake up, use a mild exfoliator to clean your face.
Tip: Use the honey pack again, post the skin exfoliation to get the extra glow.
5. For Your Eyes:
While you get the glow on your face, don’t forget the eyes! Constant exposure to computers and lack of sleep can leave you with dark circles. You can use these simple ways for healthy eyes:
- Use a comforting eye contour gel that works on hydrating the skin around your eyes as you sleep
- Use an eye mask to cover your eyes while you sleep
- Wash your eyes with cold water when you wake up
Regular eye massages and eye drops can also help flaunt bright and fresh-looking eyes.
Your dark circles would not have vanished, but your eyes will look fresh!
6. Face Oils:
In winters use pure Ayurvedic face oils such as coconut oil, almond oil, chamomile oil, and lavender oil that will promote skin hydration and nourish your skin. For dry skin, you can leave it overnight and wash off with a gentle scrub in the morning for a glowing complexion. For normal skin, leave it on for about an hour and wash off with a gentle scrub. Apply some face spritz before you sleep. When you wake up, use a mild cleanser free of parabens and SLS and wash off with cold water. Spray on the face mist to show off a visibly clear skin.